Grimm Forum
Aunt Marie's Trailer - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Aunt Marie's Trailer (/Thread-Aunt-Marie-s-Trailer)

Pages: 1 2 3

Aunt Marie's Trailer - Wingleader09 - 03-29-2015

I searched on here to see if anyone has asked the same question, but didn't find anything.

My question is about the apparent difference in size between the outside shots and inside shots of Aunt Marie's trailer. When on the inside, the interior looks much larger than the exterior. Anyone else notice this?

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - OtterMommy - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 12:12 PM)Wingleader09 Wrote: I searched on here to see if anyone has asked the same question, but didn't find anything.

My question is about the apparent difference in size between the outside shots and inside shots of Aunt Marie's trailer. When on the inside, the interior looks much larger than the exterior. Anyone else notice this?

That's because the inside of the trailer is a set.

And there might be some Mary Poppins magic involved....

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - SvenJoli - 03-29-2015

I was thinking more like the TARDIS on Doctor Who.

Bigger on the inside ...

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - Samsarilian - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 12:12 PM)Wingleader09 Wrote: I searched on here to see if anyone has asked the same question, but didn't find anything.

I wish I could still advise everyone to do this. I took a trip to lake Tahoe in my teens. We visited the Ponderosa Ranch. It was amazing to see how small Ben's 'office' where he often worked stuff out with the boys was. It was always shot through a wide angle lens making it look bigger. The whole house is really small compared to what it looks on TV. I learned never to believe what you see on a TV show during that trip. I also write of inside outside differentials as the difference in the lens used to shoot, from that trip forward, unless like the TARDIS it is pointed out in the show. Only upstairs scenes were shot in Hollywood. Everything else is on the ranch property including the set of Virginia city. Virginia City in reality is an 8 hour car ride now and would have been a weeks horse ride in the 1800s

Unfortunately the Ponderosa was bought by a multi-millionare a few years ago and is closed to the public now.

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - busyizzy - 04-02-2015

I've thought this many times. I even tried to find out which type of Airstream the trailer was. I found a fun link about the trailer:

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/exclusives/trailer

Also, Grimm has apparently set up the trailer "set" for people to explore, but it's not in the same model as the trailer Nick pulls behind his SUV. That trailer really is too small to have everything they show in it, including a twin-size captain's bed, window seat, built-in cabinetry including the weapons cabinet, a desk, multiple chairs, and an apothecary's cabinet.

In this instance, it's more than a wide-angle lense or just perception...just the length of a twin bed would take up 3/4 of the trailer Nick pulls. Smile

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - Samsarilian - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 04:20 PM)busyizzy Wrote:

I've thought this many times. I even tried to find out which type of Airstream the trailer was. I found a fun link about the trailer:

Also, Grimm has apparently set up the trailer "set" for people to explore, but it's not in the same model as the trailer Nick pulls behind his SUV. That trailer really is too small to have everything they show in it, including a twin-size captain's bed, window seat, built-in cabinetry including the weapons cabinet, a desk, multiple chairs, and an apothecary's cabinet.

In this instance, it's more than a wide-angle lense or just perception...just the length of a twin bed would take up 3/4 of the trailer Nick pulls. Smile

I will accept that too. But add no story makes sense if we are unwilling to suspend disbelief. Every story teller, author, director, actor since the beginning of time has depended on it. Not saying I am happy about it now that I have been told that they did set up the trailer but could not do it in the model they claim. But I am also not going to let it detract from my enjoyment of the show. Tomorrow night when we see the trailer I will try not to think of this. <chuckles>

Oh and as for the set I saw on the ranch. That it was small was the point of the tour. They were pointing out that Hollywood has to do this. And that was one reason that the boys always were on the same side of the desk as Pa was. If they had not been in the same plain they would have made him look small and he was supposed to be a big man. Only Hos was larger in the show and real life.

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - busyizzy - 04-03-2015

(04-02-2015, 07:08 PM)Samsarilian Wrote:
(04-02-2015, 04:20 PM)busyizzy Wrote:

I will accept that too. But add no story makes sense if we are unwilling to suspend disbelief. Every story teller, author, director, actor since the beginning of time has depended on it. Not saying I am happy about it now that I have been told that they did set up the trailer but could not do it in the model they claim. But I am also not going to let it detract from my enjoyment of the show. Tomorrow night when we see the trailer I will try not to think of this. <chuckles>

Oh and as for the set I saw on the ranch. That it was small was the point of the tour. They were pointing out that Hollywood has to do this. And that was one reason that the boys always were on the same side of the desk as Pa was. If they had not been in the same plain they would have made him look small and he was supposed to be a big man. Only Hos was larger in the show and real life.

Oh I totally get that for the most part Hollywood has to use a lot of special angles,lenses, etc., and of course we must suspend disbelief. I think--because the trailer is sort of a character in its own right on the show--many people notice the dimensions more than usual. I was just really interested in it, which is why I looked into it last year.

It's a fun set no matter what; I think it's pretty cool that Grimm has created a place for people to visit as well.

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - Samsarilian - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 05:48 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Oh I totally get that for the most part Hollywood has to use a lot of special angles,lenses, etc., and of course we must suspend disbelief. I think--because the trailer is sort of a character in its own right on the show--many people notice the dimensions more than usual. I was just really interested in it, which is why I looked into it last year.

It's a fun set no matter what; I think it's pretty cool that Grimm has created a place for people to visit as well.

I think we are doing the '"Hello, choir" said the precher' Not sure which of us is which at this point. Wink

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - Mauvais Don - 04-27-2015

Burning that trailer in this week's episode was the worst thing the writers have done on this show. The trailer had become a character and they just killed it off; shame. I suppose they can do some sort of old serial style cliffhanger thing where they come back next week and say "Oh, it wasn't really as bad as we said it was last week" (I've really seen that done in serials) but nobody is going to buy that. It was a major error in judgment AFAIC.

RE: Aunt Marie's Trailer - syscrash - 04-27-2015

They may have the trailer reincarnated into an IPAD. There have been so many comments from the beginning why it was not digital already. This could be what allows this to happen. In the last few episode we have seen them using their Ipads to lookup information. I could even see them doing some kind of Grimm magic where the asses of the trailer are transferred to be digital. With and explanation that the information is continuously growing.

Personally I would rather see a digital source of information, then them always having to go to the trailer. they could even have the information lock to where only a grimm can access. Just like the book can only be opened by a hexenbiest.

This could also pave the way for hexenbiest spells also to go digital.