Grimm Forum
S4E14 - Bad Luck - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E14 - Bad Luck (/Thread-S4E14-Bad-Luck)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - syscrash - 03-25-2015

That works if we are dealing with physical attacks. Lets take how Henrietta influenced Nick. Was it the look, was it when she touched him. or was it just being in his presence. All Nick knows is Henrietta has the ability to influence. He knows no more how to protect against it then he did before he know it existed. In the right situation he might not have even known he was influenced. The Idea is to do it without the other party knowing. So how could any Grimm document about influencing if they don't know it exist. If they did know it existed if would be document as while around hexenbiest you can be influenced. Nick was aware of it because henrietta did a demonstration. Here is another example a Grimm sees a car blow up. Of what part of the Grimms documentation of that event could be used to know how to blow up a car. Given the past and peoples lack of understanding. Having that event attributed to an individual may not even be documented. It would be assumed they used something. Take something a simple as a woge. Juliette has seen it done. She has read the books. She had even done it. But her answer when Henrietta ask her to woge. "I don't know how" So how would a Grimm every document anything that could be of use on how to woge.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Samsarilian - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 03:59 PM)syscrash Wrote: That works if we are dealing with physical attacks. Lets take how Henrietta influenced Nick. Was it the look, was it when she touched him. or was it just being in his presence. All Nick knows is Henrietta has the ability to influence. He knows no more how to protect against it then he did before he know it existed. In the right situation he might not have even known he was influenced. The Idea is to do it without the other party knowing. So how could any Grimm document about influencing if they don't know it exist. If they did know it existed if would be document as while around hexenbiest you can be influenced. Nick was aware of it because henrietta did a demonstration. Here is another example a Grimm sees a car blow up. Of what part of the Grimms documentation of that event could be used to know how to blow up a car. Given the past and peoples lack of understanding. Having that event attributed to an individual may not even be documented. It would be assumed they used something. Take something a simple as a woge. Juliette has seen it done. She has read the books. She had even done it. But her answer when Henrietta ask her to woge. "I don't know how" So how would a Grimm every document anything that could be of use on how to woge.

I am just saying that if no Grimm has been influenced that way before Nick will now note it is possible in his books. If some has and they did then Juliette will know it is possible. The mechanism is not evident. Maybe she influenced his thoughts, maybe his hormones. And the Grimms method to break free or not be influenced can tell a lot, "do not make eye contact" is vastly different than "Do not let her touch you" or "put cotton in your ears." She seemed to be influencing his sexual desire to me but there are many components to Sexual desire. Just knowing it can be done can lead Juliette to experiment.

It does not have to be in a bad way. A trip to farmers market on a Wednesday then one to the flee market on Saturday or Sunday. Her entire goal to bargain someone in to giving her something for free. Men do such things because they find a woman attractive all the time, "It is only two extra oranges or lemons and she is so beautiful." She is just trying different ideas till she finds the one that works for her, which might not be the same as the one Henrieta used.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Hexenadler - 03-26-2015

(03-25-2015, 07:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I realize that the 'film is in the can' for the next few episodes but from your lips to the writer's ears on something like this happening to give them the space needed for them to adjust to this new dimension of their relationship.

That's quite a compliment; thanks.

I guess it's possible some of the ideas bounced around here might find their way to the actual GRIMM writing staff. I don't know of any other online fan community centered almost entirely on the show as this one, so there's a chance somebody who works on the series could poke around in here.

(Come to think of it, how paranoid are Americans about lawsuits? I vaguely remember some kind of issue about television writers steering clear of concepts suggested by fans for fear of legal repercussions, but seeing as how most people these days can't afford a new car let alone a lawyer, I don't get what they have to worry about.)

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - speakeasy - 03-26-2015

Lol, Hexenadler, good one. I love my country so much, but we are the most litigious nation on the planet. Guess if you can't beat it, you might as well find the humor in it! Big Grin

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Samsarilian - 03-26-2015

they can file but judges always say the same thing. Words are copy written not ideas. Further more the characters for Grimm will belong to someone(even if that someone is a corporation) and they alone can say what happens or does not happen to that character. IE it is much easier for the owner of Grimm to sue you for writing and posting a sex scene between say Hank and Juliette or Rosalie and make you take it down than it is for you to sue them if they put Juliette with Wu after you posted it somewhere and get money.

Producers especially do come to the fandoms... they judge the popularity of what they are doing that way and say so in interviews from time to time.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Elkhound - 03-26-2015

There's the Marion Zimmer Bradley case of the Darkover fan accusing her of ripping off a fanfic she had written for one of the canon novels. (The fanwriter had written a something exploring, from canon hints, the backstory of some of the characters. Later, Bradley wrote a novel concerning the backstory of those characters, and it turns out that the fan's extrapolation was on the money. The fan insisted that Bradley had known about her story and ripped it off; Bradley says that the fan had just gotten lucky in deducing from the hints in canon. [This may not be quite accurate; I'm going from memory.] The unfortunate part is that Bradley had encouraged fanwriters to write in the Darkover universe, and had even published 'Friends of Darkover' anthologies, which practice ceased.)

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Samsarilian - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 12:39 PM)Elkhound Wrote: There's the Marion Zimmer Bradley case of the Darkover fan accusing her of ripping off a fanfic she had written for one of the canon novels. (The fanwriter had written a something exploring, from canon hints, the backstory of some of the characters. Later, Bradley wrote a novel concerning the backstory of those characters, and it turns out that the fan's extrapolation was on the money. The fan insisted that Bradley had known about her story and ripped it off; Bradley says that the fan had just gotten lucky in deducing from the hints in canon. [This may not be quite accurate; I'm going from memory.] The unfortunate part is that Bradley had encouraged fanwriters to write in the Darkover universe, and had even published 'Friends of Darkover' anthologies, which practice ceased.)

I would like to know who won the case. But most of the time it has to be more than right on the money to win. It has to be nearly word for word. And if the person was writing from the clues that were present in the work then I would tell the fan you lose. It is obvious that the backstory was there in the authors mind in the first place. Now if the authors work was close to word for word, all events in the same order and all conversations with the same quips ect. I might listen to the fan and call what Bradley did bating. Unfortunately I am not a judge. Our legal system is sometimes not as clear as it should be.

But in the case of Grimm. We are not being encouraged to write if we do, we do it at our own risk of losing the work. We are operating in someone else's Trademarks and Copyrights. I do not believe however that the writers would allow something to be stolen in total and not want to fiddle with it to the extreme. When I rewrite and I do for myself all the time it never comes out close to the original.

To illustrate that fact ask yourself what would have happened if Wu had at some point had an affair with Rosalie.... Monroe would not be the good blutbad about it I am sure. lol picture it in your head if nothing else and the series becomes very different.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Loona - 05-20-2017

When Adalind use the Love spell for Juliette and Sean - the gang put Nicks blood into the drink which Juliette and Sean needed to drink it to stop it - it's why Nick couldn't undo the Hexenbiest being of Juliette - do you think it's possible?

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - rpmaluki - 05-20-2017

(05-20-2017, 07:09 PM)Loona Wrote: When Adalind use the Love spell for Juliette and Sean - the gang put Nicks blood into the drink which Juliette and Sean needed to drink it to stop it - it's why Nick couldn't undo the Hexenbiest being of Juliette - do you think it's possible?
It was explained on the show why Nick's blood couldn’t work. Nick couldn't de-hex Juliette because he already de-hexed Adalind. Adalind continued to carry Nick blood in her system that made Diana immune and thus made Juliette immune not just to Nick's blood but to any blood of a Grimm, that's why they couldn’t even use Trubel's blood either. It's how Adalind could de-grimm Nick according to Viktor, she had his blood that made him vulnerable. In the last episode people complained about why they had to wait for Nick to perform the blood spell between a Grimm, hexenbiest and wesen when Trubel was standing right there with them and they forgot that Nick's and Adalind were immune to each other's blood if Trubel had performed they spell, she could have lost her Grimm. Rosalee comments that the spell was so rare, not just because the three species never really trusted the other long enough not to kill the others before Nick and his friends came along but I think it was also because there's no problem in Nick's blood mixing with Adalind's because they already robbed each other of their powers and got them back, making each other immune. Remember Rosalee said their blood had to flow together, Renard stabbed all three then pulled out the knife meaning all three had contact with one another's blood at once as they bled into the bowl.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Tara - 05-22-2017

Actually, I like all the episodes - but there are some episodes where I have the desire to stay calm and do not to throw a pillow against the television...and that is one of these episode.

Okay let's start to complain.

Juliette show him her new her and Nick turn away of her in disgust, sure he was shocked to see Juliette like that - but at the first decisive moment he left her alone. It's a little bit complicated Nick the ( Grimm ) Juliette the ( Hexenbiest ) so to say as ( enemies ) sure they were in a long term relationship but it's not easy for both either.

Sure, it was not a nice act of her, that Juliette wanted that Nick kiss her while she was woge, but I think it was more of an - Will you accept me the way I accept you while you are a Grimm.

I just feeling again much emotion: at the moment I am just angry, sad and disappointed since I know what will happen next.