Grimm Forum
S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E012 - Maréchaussée (/Thread-S4E012-Mar%C3%A9chauss%C3%A9e)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - UndercoverGrimm - 02-07-2015

Last nights episode was pretty good. I'd rather see Juliette go back to normal, but I understand the story arch. Many lost interest in her character, so her now being hexenbiest makes things more interesting. Looks like she's going to be very powerful. Can't wait to see the battel between Julette and Adaline.

I wish Monroe would not have called Nick. Monroe should not be used as a pet.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Gretel Hanselsister - 02-07-2015

I enjoyed this one!
My favorite scene was Juliette and the pepper mill, great idea! My husband and me were laughing for minutes.

So Juliette is a hexenbiest now and nobody can do anything about it. Bummer! I liked her as she was. But give me more pepper mill scenes and I can live with Juliette as a hexenbiest who's learning Smile.
But why doesn't she tell Nick? Here we go again: "Nick, I really need to talk to you." Then a dangerous situation and in the end she tells him... nothing.

Again we have a German word in this episode that wasn't explained. At the council Alexander said to De Groot "Wilde is asking for another Eigenverantwortung". Literally translated this means own-responsibility or self-responsibility, James Bond would have called it a license to kill, I guess Big Grin.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - wfmyers1207 - 02-07-2015

Well this was a pretty good episode in my opinion. We found out some rather interesting things last night.

1) Juliette is a hexenbitch for good. Although why Nick's, Truble's or Kelly's blood wouldn't work to change her back has yet to be explained.

2) She will be more powerful than Adalind, or will she? Since Adalind got her powers back the hard way.

3) Members of the Wesen Council have declared war on Nick because he interfered in wesen affairs one to many times. Now, I'm of the opinion that this interference referred to was his action against the wesenrein not what he did with the bounty hunter. After all the Council had to know local police were going to have to investigate, they couldn't just let the killings slide.

I still think that some members of the Council are involved with the wesenrein, at least covertly. One thing I thought gave this away was the fact that when the Council communicated with her they still used her maiden name of Calvert. Now, while many women these days do not change their names at marriage the vast majority still do. It was if the Council was refusing to acknowledge her marriage to Monroe.

4) Unlike some folks here, I do not think Nick bought Juliette's story about what happened. He looked skeptical to me.

Finally, a note to the NBC network execs. Can we please, Please, PLEASE have more commercials!!Tongue Watching commercials is so much more fun than watching the program!!Tongue NOT!!!Angry

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - He-Touches-Things - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 10:31 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I still think that some members of the Council are involved with the wesenrein, at least covertly. One thing I thought gave this away was the fact that when the Council communicated with her they still used her maiden name of Calvert. Now, while many women these days do not change their names at marriage the vast majority still do. It was if the Council was refusing to acknowledge her marriage to Monroe.

I'm not so sure. Even if she changed her name here, it doesn't necessarily follow that her registration with the Council would automatically follow, unless she told them. And we don't yet know just what or how much jurisdiction the Council has over international Wesen affairs. I'm of the opinion that the local Wesenrein was a rogue, vigilante organization operating outside the Council's oversight, much like the Klan did, even if some members of the Council were part of it.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - speakeasy - 02-07-2015

Well, I would go into official mourning over Juliette's change were it not for my stubborn refusal to fully accept it at this point in time. Here's why. Henrietta tested J's blood to find the level of syncretization. Had to look up this term and it turns out it means the assimilation of two belief systems (philosophical, religious or maybe just an internal mindset, i.e.) to become compatible with one another. Interesting that it's a test for a psychological disposition, not a physical one. And her test's extreme reaction was a complete rejection to the state; her blood would not syncretize at all. That tells me there is going to be a terrible conflict at work inside of Juliette that will cause big problems. Two more things: A) If she doesn't have the mark of the hexenbiest under her tongue that would be further proof to me that she's hasn't truly been converted to one yet and B) that venerable old hat that was associated with the old-world witch trials and persecutions that Sean has may be able to invoke some powerful magics to cure her. It's out there, but it's all I have to hold on to now. Tongue

Sean thinks Kelly is close by; shouldn't be too hard to Sam to find her now that he has a license number. The baby looks like she is growing at a normal six-month old pace.

De Groot and Alexander seemed to be supportive of Nick in the past, now it seems they are simply agents of carrying out orders and not on a decision making level at all; didn't know that. I think we should have a look at who's on the Wesen Council and why it it so hostile toward Nick. Especially since they have been very stern with Rosalee about working with Nick. He needs a good relationship with them. I can't remember if we found out if Monroe was a first or last name; if it's still unknown, perhaps that's why the writers identified her as Rosalee Calvert.

I agree with wfmyers1207 that Nick seems to know something is amiss with Juliette. She's been somewhat aloof for a couple of episodes and I think he's been aware of it.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - sammypt - 02-07-2015

I'm pretty sure Nick was skeptical of Juliette's story and maybe next week he will admit it. There's no way Monroe and Rosalie are gonna buy that a Manticore, a professional killer, just happened to "miss" and stab himself in the chest. Possibly even Hank or Wu will help to put more doubt in Nick's mind.
Also, wth was up with Sean Renard sending someone to look for his daughter and Nick's mom? That just screams recipe for disaster. The writers need to come up with a better way of the baby being reunited with Adalind and the two of them being protected by Nick, Sean, Juliette and the rest of the gang. As much as I hate Twilight, it would kind of be like that. People put aside their differences and fight together to protect mother and child against the strong "royals". I think my question will be answered next week with Adalind and Juliette's discussion (hopefully) about her baby either before or after the big fight- of which I think everyone is frothing with excitement! Smile
I also think that when Nick does see Juliette as a hexenbeist, he's going to think it's Adalind in disguise and try to kill her. Then maybe she hurts him and runs away or says she cant be with him! Lol Oh I hope Im wrong on that last part...

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - ANamelessWesen - 02-07-2015

I don't understand why Juliette told
Henrietta earlier, that she could not simply choose to
Change, when she seemed to do just that in her previous encounter with Sean.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - sammypt - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 11:56 AM)ANamelessWesen Wrote: I don't understand why Juliette told
I noticed that too. Apparently you can't force it out. Have to want it to happen and then just "let it happen". I agree it's confusing but at the same time I think it was done for plot. That way it enforces the idea that she can't fully control it and needs to practice. Although I have to say that it looks like she has a pretty good handle on her powers already! Very confident with them. I was wondering when she was watching Henrietta mix up the "potion" with her blood, if Juliette would notice that somehow she knew exactly what she was doing. Since hexenbeists know all about potions and whatnot. Like, is that inherent or does she have to read a book? Lol

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Elkhound - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 09:04 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: Again we have a German word in this episode that wasn't explained. At the council Alexander said to De Groot "Wilde is asking for another Eigenverantwortung". Literally translated this means own-responsibility or self-responsibility, James Bond would have called it a license to kill, I guess Big Grin.

German or Dutch/Flemish?

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - He-Touches-Things - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 12:21 PM)sammypt Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 11:56 AM)ANamelessWesen Wrote: I don't understand why Juliette told
I noticed that too. Apparently you can't force it out. Have to want it to happen and then just "let it happen". I agree it's confusing but at the same time I think it was done for plot. That way it enforces the idea that she can't fully control it and needs to practice. Although I have to say that it looks like she has a pretty good handle on her powers already! Very confident with them. I was wondering when she was watching Henrietta mix up the "potion" with her blood, if Juliette would notice that somehow she knew exactly what she was doing. Since hexenbeists know all about potions and whatnot. Like, is that inherent or does she have to read a book? Lol

I think most people have experienced the difference between doing something "on command" as opposed to when seeking help/advice.