Grimm Forum
S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E012 - Maréchaussée (/Thread-S4E012-Mar%C3%A9chauss%C3%A9e)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

S4E012 - Maréchaussée - GrimmForum - 02-06-2015

Season 4 Episode 12
Maréchaussée

[Image: pXYzoNEl.jpg]

Air Date: February 6, 2015

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) investigate a series of murders that lead back to the Wesen Council and a mysterious bounty hunter (guest star Arnold Vosloo). Elsewhere, Juliette's (Bitsie Tulloch) meeting with Henrietta (guest star Garcelle Beauvais) brings about more disturbing news than she was expecting. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) and Viktor (guest start Alexis Denisof) make their way back to Portland. Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz and Bree Turner also star.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Elkhound - 02-06-2015

Last week's episode was so-so, but this one. .. wow!

We learn a little more about the internal workings of the Wesen world. Also, Nick wasn't able to call on Rosalee and Monroe for much help beyond a little information--he's really going to have to develop a larger network of Wesen helpers; we saw a bit of this in "One Angry Fuchsbau", but we could see more; he's helped so many Wesen over the last three years or so; surely more than Budd, Monroe, and Rosalee owe him--and he was pretty much on his own.

Juliette having to come to terms with her new hexenbeast nature is a big thing; many of us were thinking that the Captain's friend could just whip up a potion. Now, this will change the dynamics of the show--for good or ill will depend on the writers and directors.

It remains to be seen how Nick will react to learning about the new Juliette, but I'm looking forward to seeing her and Adalinde throwing down next week.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Lou - 02-06-2015

I just "liked" this one.
It was a good episode but I was really hoping that Juliette would stop being a Hexienbiest, if not this episode maybe the next one. But now it looks like she is stuck being a Hexienbiest permanently. Oh, of course the writers could find someway to change this but it looks like they aren't going to. At least not any time soon.

And then, she isn't telling Nick. So they are going to just re-hash the Nick keeps secrets from Juliette, Nick keeps secrets from Hank, Nick keeps secrets from Wu, theme all over again. But in reverse.

Can't imagine why Renard has sent someone to find Nick's mom. This can't be a good idea. Even if it worked (which is doubtful), what use could he have of the info. Maybe he just figures it would be good to know just in case. But I see a lot of ways it can end badly.

Someone on the show must have really wanted a free iPad mini. I mean really, wouldn't most bounty hunters just use the camera on their phone?

I'm beginning to think that, of all the cops on the show, Wu is the best detective. He can "crack" iPads, decrypt bad handwriting..... he can even track down french fries.

Oh, one last thing. The dog that Juliette was treating was so cute. Old Henry? They should have more screen time with Juliette at work. At least more than one scene every season. And up until now I think we have only seen Adalind's stupid cat.

More Cute Dogs!

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - ANamelessWesen - 02-06-2015

If they are going to make her being a hexienbiest permanent, I hope they don't allow the "monster" inside of her, to take her character down a very dark path.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Grimmster123 - 02-06-2015

This episode was way better than last weeks but it wasn't great. The Manticore Bounty Hunter was a cool idea but something just seemed off throughout the episode and I'm not sure what. Anyway, I was really hoping that Juliette would tell Nick that she's a hexenbiest after killing Jonathan Wilde but instead she comes up with a ridiculous story that Jonathan missed her and wound up impaling himself and then Nick buys it!

The best part of this episode for me was getting to see all the ways that the victims used the fact that they were wesen in their profession. A fortune teller that vogues to make customers think that he has been taking over by a spirit was clever and then a pimp who vogued to instill fear into his girls in order to make them work was also a unique take on how to use the fact that you're a wesen in your profession.

Next week should be fun with the return of Lieutenant Orson (Daniel Roebuck) and the Hexenbiest fight between Adalind and Juliette. Really looking forward to that one! Smile

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - He-Touches-Things - 02-06-2015

I thought it was a 'Good' episode, maybe not as strong as Wesenrein or Tribunal, but it was still an enjoyable hour. I'm thinking Juliette seems to be discovering her abilities and getting used to them a bit too quickly for my taste, and I hope the writers stretch it out longer. I agree that Nick seemed to be too casual in accepting her explanation of "He missed." I know that a lot of guys are not that sensitive in picking up on their woman's moods, but he's gotta know something has changed with her.

But overall, like I said, I still enjoyed it.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - syscrash - 02-07-2015

Juliette is not only a hexenbiest but a really powerful hexenbiest. Ok maybe Nick should worry. I have to agree Juliette tells Nick he missed. I mean you come in and the manticore is dead and no gun. And Juliette is sitting there nice and neat. How do you not want answers. But what does Nick do he apologizes. Then even after Juliette tells Nick he can not protect her, she will protect herself. He still acts like he doesn't have a clue. Second a monticore is holding your girlfriend you dont enter the house with your gun drawn. At what point did Nick turn his brain off. How did the council get a picture of the dead bounty hunter on Nicks floor. Then for him to say He hopes the Grimm does not take it personally, would suggest he knows Juliette made the kill. She was the only other one there.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - ANamelessWesen - 02-07-2015

Juliette's comment to herself about her face being gross, sure shows how different she is to natural born hexienbeast, who see nothing wrong with the face they are born with, and even find it attractive.

It also helps to show her humanity. Which is something I do hope the writers have her keep. I don't want to see the cliche path taken, that has happened to some characters in fiction who acquire "dark" powers, that leads them to basically become actual monsters.

Her telling Nick (and basically having the reaction from him that she is still the same person he fell in love with "It doesn't matter what you are but who you are") I think, would further help in maintaining her humanity, even if she could never go back to her old self again.

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - syscrash - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 12:29 AM)ANamelessWesen Wrote: Juliette's comment to herself about her face being gross, sure shows how different she is to natural born hexienbeast, who see nothing wrong with the face they are born with, and even find it attractive.

It also helps to show her humanity. Which is something I do hope the writers have her keep. I don't want to see the cliche path taken, that has happened to some characters in fiction who acquire "dark" powers, that leads them to basically become actual monsters.

Her telling Nick (and basically having the reaction from him that she is still the same person he fell in love with "It doesn't matter what you are but who you are") I think, would further help in maintaining her humanity, even if she could never go back to her old self again.
I agree I want her to keep her humanity. Let her be the secrete weapon. But also let her have a learning curve. The powers kick in when she needs then. But she has slip ups like blowing up cars. Or moving things in front of people risking exposure

RE: S4E012 - Maréchaussée - Enyo - 02-07-2015

I noticed that Juliette's voice didn't get all crackly like the other biests do when they woge. Also, I think it's really awesome that there are hexenbiest with brown skin. I honesty thought they were always blonde. When Garcielle woged, I got exited! It's something small, but as a dark skinned person, it was cool to see that. Smile Garcielle's hair got some silver in it when she woged, so maybe hexenbiest hair gets lighter when they woge? The blondes turn white and the brunettes get silver streaks? Sorry for being so girly and superficial about looks and all.

As for the actual episode, I love the idea of discovering new powers of any kind. I'm anxious to see how they work this into the season. Goodness, what would Truble say??