Grimm Forum
S4E010 - Tribunal - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E010 - Tribunal (/Thread-S4E010-Tribunal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

S4E010 - Tribunal - GrimmForum - 01-23-2015

Season 4 Episode 10
Tribunal

[Image: guM1JUsl.jpg]

Air Date: January 23, 2015

Synopsis: After Monroe's (Silas Weir Mitchell) abduction by the Wesenrein, Nick (David Giuntoli) gathers the whole team, including Wu (Reggie Lee), to track him down and return him to Rosalee (Bree Turner). As the search intensifies, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) learns more about her new reality as a Hexenbiest. Russell Hornsby and Sasha Roiz also star.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Grimmster123 - 01-23-2015

Another absolutely phenomenal episode which may have been even better than last weeks! This episode had everything you could want in an episode of Grimm. There was action, there was humor, there were plot twists, there were powerful performances, and there was a ton of violence!

This episode had so many great moments that I don't even know where to start and I don't think I can possibly remember them all but I'll give it a shot.

1. First off I'm glad that the writers kind of gave Nick the backseat in this episode because it really let some other characters shine so props to the writers for doing that.

2. One of the characters that I thought did a good job was Hank. The speech that he gave to Wu was extremely believable and I just feel like we have never really seen Russell Hornsby do anything like that before but the writers did a good job and thus the scene was a memorable one for me.

3. I laughed at Bud's sexual references such as "I can't do it, I'm just not in the mood" and then "Oh no, I prematurely vogued again" They provided a nice bit of humor in such an intense episode and Danny Bruno plays the character of Bud to a tee.

4. It was good to see Wu get in on the action a little bit. Punching Officer Acker when he vogued took some guts and I loved his follow up line to that, "I don't know what you are but you're no Aswang" before storming out of the interrogation room.

5. Loved seeing Captain Renard's bad cop side. He's usually the one to stop Nick from cracking skulls but didn't hesitate one bit when he picked up Officer Acker by the throat and threw him across the interrogation room. Not to mention at the end when he killed one of the Wesenrein members in such a violent way that they didn't even show it on camera.

6. Speaking of violent ways of murdering somebody, how about Juliette voguing and screaming so loudly that it caused that Blutbad's brain to explode out of his head. Guess Rosalee was right when she said that Hexenbiests that weren't born Hexenbiests are more powerful.

7. Nice to see Bud stand up to the Wesenrein, didn't think he had it in him. Loved his line, "I wish Nick were here right now, cause he'd have a field day with all of you" or something to that effect.

8. I liked the little bit of light humor at the end of the episode in the limo when Moroe says, "As long as you don't get on the plane with us" and Nick and Hank just look at him completely serious and reply "You won't even know we're there" Big Grin

I could go on and on with my favorite moments from this episode but I'd be up all night. This past two episodes have been spectacular and I look forward to seeing what the rest of the season will bring!!

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - parsonii - 01-24-2015

Best. Episode. Ever.

The only way it could be better is even more body count. I absolutely LOVE Monroe's character, so even though I know full well that they would not kill off his character, it was still two nail-biting, blood-boiling episodes for me. So glad all the dumb ones who tried to run were shot, mauled, or had their brain blew up by Hexenbiests power.

I didn't care for the Adalind / baby story line, but if it leads to Juliette turning into a powerful Wesen, I can live with that. :-)

Hopefully this ends the tribunal story line and that Monroe / Rosalind will be safe going forward. :-(

This has been discussed to death, but Nick really need to scan all the books in, backup onto the cloud, and create a SEARCHABLE database. It's 2015, a Grimm can embrace technology too!

:-)

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Samsarilian - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 03:04 AM)parsonii Wrote: Best. Episode. Ever.

The only way it could be better is even more body count. I absolutely LOVE Monroe's character, so even though I know full well that they would not kill off his character, it was still two nail-biting, blood-boiling episodes for me. So glad all the dumb ones who tried to run were shot, mauled, or had their brain blew up by Hexenbiests power.

I didn't care for the Adalind / baby story line, but if it leads to Juliette turning into a powerful Wesen, I can live with that. :-)

Hopefully this ends the tribunal story line and that Monroe / Rosalind will be safe going forward. :-(

This has been discussed to death, but Nick really need to scan all the books in, backup onto the cloud, and create a SEARCHABLE database. It's 2015, a Grimm can embrace technology too!

And have the first known Wesen hacker break in and wha la the wesen now know everything he knows. Great idea, NOT. I am a computer tech. irl. If I had something to keep a secret it would never be put on the cloud, in a nice stick I could keep hidden somewhere maybe but not on the net or a networked computer.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - wfmyers1207 - 01-24-2015

Well I really loved this episode. It was great to see the whole gang in on the derring-do for a change. Smile

Also interesting to see everybody going off the reservation, including Nick, for this little set too. I've always thought that sooner or later this was going to have to happen. Trying to handle all these issues with wesen and the Royals within the bounds of the law (mostly!) was never really feasable. Just saying.

Juliette blowing the top of that guys head off was very good. Could it be that we are going to see some more Juliette committed mayhem in the near future?Dodgy

My man Bud showing some a$$ in the face of imminent! Hoo-f@#$ing-rah! Big Grin

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-24-2015

Really good episode again!
My favorite line was Monroe pleading "not as guilty as all of you Exclamation" Big Grin.
I liked Wu, Hank, the captain, Juliette, a great episode for all of them.

But.
I do believe in the rule of law and so I have my problems with cops putting their badges aside and doing whatever they think is right in the cover of a forest at night.

There are some Grimm-German words to explain for those of you who are interested:
The law of "eigenes Fleisch und Blut" means "own flesh and blood".
The charge "Grimace Freundschafteweisen" (or how they would spell it) is a bit strange again. They accuse Monroe to be friends with a Grimm, so much is clear.
Grimace - err, yes, an English word, and it doesn't fit at all, no reference to Grimm or do I miss something? Should this be an adjective for Grimm, grimmy or something? I bet it is. Huh.
Freundschaft - friendship
Weise - manner
Weisen - manners
Freundschafteweisen is a construction you would never hear from a German native. My personal suggestion would have been "Grimme Freundschaft".
*edit*
maybe it wasn't "grimace" but "grimmig", strangely pronounced. This would make more sense. grimmig = grim, fierce

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - busyizzy - 01-24-2015

Thanks, @Gretel Hanselsister for the German speak explanation. I wonder if the Grimace part is just uber simple because a grimace is really a ugly, twisted facial expression showing disgust? That's appropriate for Wesenrein, and the writers could just be playing on the word grim/Grimm/grimace? BTW, I like that you're rocking the braids on your Avatar!

Like @Grimmster123, I loved so much about this episode, it would be crazy to list all my favorite moments so I won't try, but my priorities are:
  • Hank and Wu had GREAT screen time, but Bud gets the best performance in an episode award IMHO. He was funny, helpful, AND brave and yet stayed true to fidgety, nervous Bud.
  • Juliette channeling her Hexenbiest (fast learner from cracking the glass at her house) and blowing the brains out of the Wesenrein was pretty phenomenal. She shot another one too so...she's turned into one "bad" chick! Adalind better "BeWeir"!
  • Juliette going to Sean behind Nick's back? Sucks eggs BIG TIME! After Juliette was so upset with Nick about keeping her in the dark, this move didn't sit well with me at all. There are potential repercussions (besides the personal trust issues) that Juliette should have discussed with Nick first. Nick is still unsure of Sean's motives as he should be. Also, now that Juliette is a Wesen, there could potentially be some sort of different expectations now. As a Royal Zauberbiest, Sean certainly lorded it over Adalind and Catherine. Even though we (USA) don't bow down to Royals, the Wesen world does not fully follow this so there could be some expectation that Juliette would be "under" a Royal's command. We also know that Juliette is subject to the Wesen Council as ALL Wesen are. She absolutely should have discussed this with Nick first and not Sean. NOT a good turn of events.
  • Someone mentioned creating an online library, and I agree with @Samsarilian. I thought of that like three seasons ago; however, now that I know how far the Royal and Wesen world has infiltrated every organization--and IRL we've seen the WikiLeaks and Snowdon and Sony hacks--Nick has the right idea with keeping his mini museum intact and hidden. Exposing information to a cloud IS exposing it to the world; not a good idea here.
I think the last episode (S4E09) was the

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

because it went by so quickly for so many viewers (which meant it drew us all in), so much transpired, and the build up was great. However, this episode was the

MOST. SATISFYING. EPISODE. EVER.

because of all the outcomes, some of which were expected, but it still felt good.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Elkhound - 01-24-2015

I love how Monroe & Rosalee, normally the nicest, sweetest people you'd ever care to meet, when either is threatened do not hesitate to let their furry little friends out to play.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Samsarilian - 01-24-2015

About Juliet being a made hexanbiest ----
Rosalee: the ones that are made and not born are even more deadly.

this does not say more out of control, evil, or even less sane... So why is Julette turning to the Captain? We have to assume that the influence of the previous spell is not the reason. She does not want Nick to know? Why she knows Nick makes up his mind based on peoples behavior not preconceived prejudice.

Further more if she does not want to be one, she only knows one person who has removed a Hexanbeist power and that is Nick. The series is going to complicate what should be one phone call. "Truble, we need your help." I even make the assumption it can not be Nick because his blood is in the chain of events that led her to be a hexanbeist.

I still say she needs to take a chill pill and look at the long run. Nick is a grimm. The only way she can really be in his world is if she can protect both him and herself. This is her only chance at a relationship with him that is based on equality.

And I would like to see someone prove that when she screeches she can blow a persons brains out. No court will listen to that one.

EDIT:

I can even see how this can from time to time lend to the humor of the show. Her at work the dogs all barking in their cages, she swings her head so her assistant can not see (just in case she full Wolges) then do it and growl at the dogs. All the dogs piss themselves on the way to the back of their cages whimpering. If you do not find this funny you have never worked with dogs. I normally love them but I do not keep 10 to 30 of them in cages, that are not really big enough, over night. I do not do this for a reason. I know they would bark and howl till I had a head ache and I have been around them in cages enough to know that it happens even when the cages are good kennel sizes.

RE: S4E010 - Tribunal - Lou - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 03:04 AM)parsonii Wrote: This has been discussed to death, but Nick really need to scan all the books in, backup onto the cloud, and create a SEARCHABLE database. It's 2015, a Grimm can embrace technology too!

And now Wu is eating greasy fast food in the trailer. Librarian Marie is turning over in her grave.
I had hopes, that since Juliette was portrayed as more tech savvy than Nick that once she got into the trailer she would start scanning it. Wu has been portrayed as tech savvy so maybe he will think of digitizing the records. Can you see it now.
Hank: we better get back to trailer and figure out what kind of Wesson we're dealing with.
Nick: Wu, you coming?
Wu: (holding out his iPad) I think its this one, (stumbling over the pronunciation) a Gerverstamanian.