Grimm Forum
S4E09 - Wesenrein - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E09 - Wesenrein (/Thread-S4E09-Wesenrein)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - busyizzy - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 06:24 PM)syscrash Wrote: Isn't it amazing when Nick goes up against what he thinks is going to be a tough opponent he gets a Grimm weapon. When has the show shown a 45 slug to the brain will not work.

It just seems funny to watch him fighting with a 45 strapped to his side.
So many times I find my self yelling at the screen shoot him.

I do the exact same thing...and then I remember that he is often there as a Grimm and not as a policeman. I guess he doesn't want his firearm to be traceable as that almost got him in trouble in the episode when the FBI agents were killed by the Mauvais Dentes. He needs a better ankle weapon...one that cannot be traced back to him.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Lou - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 06:24 PM)syscrash Wrote: Isn't it amazing when Nick goes up against what he thinks is going to be a tough opponent he gets a Grimm weapon. When has the show shown a 45 slug to the brain will not work.

I don't think he has used any Grimm weapons for a long time. I remember for a while he favored a small cross bolt. And then he liked that baseball bat thingie. And then just once the little sword with the spring loaded blades. In fact, I don't remember him using anything since before Trubel showed up.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - syscrash - 01-19-2015

But why use the bat he has a 45. Im sure that would have got the job done. For the wesenrein they are standing in a circle, an AK47 two clips job done. And if you give one to hank and wu they could make it home for dinner. They could always wire the cop traitor with C4 and have him ask for Monroe. Better use a couple of MRAPS to surround the compound. As The wesenrein are about to pass judgement send the Head Guy and text. Send us Monroe and most of you die. Don't send him all of you die.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Lou - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 09:01 PM)syscrash Wrote: But why use the bat he has a 45. Im sure that would have got the job done. For the wesenrein they are standing in a circle, an AK47 two clips job done. And if you give one to hank and wu they could make it home for dinner. They could always wire the cop traitor with C4 and have him ask for Monroe. Better use a couple of MRAPS to surround the compound. As The wesenrein are about to pass judgement send the Head Guy and text. Send us Monroe and most of you die. Don't send him all of you die.

The bat makes less noise?

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Gaultheria - 01-19-2015

Some mousy types of Wesen respond to intimidation. Maybe even the really aggressive types do; they need an instinctive and non-lethal way to settle arguments among their own kind. I think the traditional Grimm weapons speak the language of intimidation better than handguns do.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Elkhound - 01-20-2015

The midaeval weapons are less traceable. Unless he leaves a fingerprint on the crossbow bolt, there's no way of telling which crossbow it comes from (people use crossbows for hunting). Ditto with clubs, axes, swords, etc. Bullets can be traced easily.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Samsarilian - 01-23-2015

Not all hand guns are .45 cals. Nick like most police uses a 9mm. There have been cases where he shot it and it did not do anything to the wessen, starting in season 1. Any time the wessen does not resemble an animal you have to assume it may not die the same as an animal. Further more any hunter will tell you do not shot bulls, boars or bears with anything smaller than a .357 mag or .44 if you want to live to talk about it. Yes, a .22 chain gun is used in slaughter houses but it is pressed up to certain locations where they know the shot will kill. A 9mm is not in the same class as larger calibers and when your target is moving you can not always press the gun to a known kill zone. It is lighter, has enough knock down for a human, and low enough kick to make it easier recover and re-aim, those pros come at the expense of the power you will find in the .45, .357, and .44s used in the US. Further more police use "light loads" to limit wall penetration.

One last thing about what I wrote in the last paragraph, do not shoot bears in the head ever. Bear skulls are slopped so as to cause bullets to bounce. Think of it as the same trick that tank armor manufacturers use to get more protection from less materials.

EDIT
By the logic I have read on the rest of this page we can ask why he does not pop the $10K to get a Barrett .50 BMG. Oh, that $10K. Wait he is a cop, gun transactions are recorded and he might not want to be caught with a firearm that might have a history... Such as 99% of what you will find on the black market.

As for ankle pieces they are only used as throw away weapons meant to prove that your bad shooting was not bad. "See he had a weapon." You do not spend a lot of money for such items. Any hand gun large enough to actually be effective would be too large to wear and hide all the time.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - eastofnowhere - 01-23-2015

I think Nick shoots first because its easier to explain a shooting than a decapitation. But, I would love to see him get medieval on the wesenrein and bring on the axe!

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - syscrash - 01-23-2015

If he where to walk into the center of the Tribunal swinging his ax that would be great. I honor of Trubel he could have the machete

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Samsarilian - 01-23-2015

It would be a much better lesson if it were a group effort including wesson, grimm and normals (do not even want to try for the german term). Then the counsel would have to step in and do their job for real. The group got the attention of normal people. No one wants to see modern witch hunts. The new religion is Science. We would not burn them at the stake. We would slice, dice, poke, prod, and generally abuse them all in the name of enlightenment and learning the truth.

This encounter with the Wesenrein would also provide a good chance for the 'New Julette' to make an appearance. That is needed. It balances power between her and Nick. She has been a bystander on the edge of his world, now she can step fully in. My only problem with her as a hexen is that Rosalee is so damn cute as a Fausbau that Juliette is going to be understandably JEALOUS.