Grimm Forum
S4E09 - Wesenrein - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E09 - Wesenrein (/Thread-S4E09-Wesenrein)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Gaultheria - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 03:03 PM)busyizzy Wrote:
  • The Wesenrein costumes and ritualistic actions were spot on; this is exactly what the Nazis and KKK look like when they are carrying out their nasty business. For some reason, the uglier the end result, the more ritualistic people--in this case Wesen--become. It's almost as though the intent is to pretty up horrible business to make it more palatable. Nasty nasty...no matter what.

Those robes and flags looked expensive. I think the Royals must be funding the Wesenrein. What could be more dangerous to the Royals than the Wesen -- say, what's the word for different Wesen "types", anway? -- uniting and joining forces with the Grimms?

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Lou - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 04:07 PM)Gaultheria Wrote:
  • The Wesenrein costumes and ritualistic actions were spot on; this is exactly what the Nazis and KKK look like when they are carrying out their nasty business. For some reason, the uglier the end result, the more ritualistic people--in this case Wesen--become. It's almost as though the intent is to pretty up horrible business to make it more palatable. Nasty nasty...no matter what.

Those robes and flags looked expensive. I think the Royals must be funding the Wesenrein. What could be more dangerous to the Royals than the Wesen -- say, what's the word for different Wesen "types", anway? -- uniting and joining forces with the Grimms?

Didn't we learn during season one that back during the Spanish Civil War there was a "purge" on un-pure Wesson led by the Royals? I think I remember Nick watching home movies on it.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - syscrash - 01-17-2015

The Juliette nightmare was a great way to allow Juliet to go all Adalind but not ruin the story.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-18-2015

(01-17-2015, 04:28 PM)Lou Wrote: Didn't we learn during season one that back during the Spanish Civil War there was a "purge" on un-pure Wesson led by the Royals? I think I remember Nick watching home movies on it.

Yes, this was in S1E18 Cat and Mouse.
The Verrat / the Hundjägers infiltrated Franco's army and executed innocent farmers for stealing, in fact they were just married outside their species.
No mentioning of the royals, but the Verrat works for them as we know. So the royals maybe involved with the Wesenrein, too.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Hyndara - 01-18-2015

(01-17-2015, 08:53 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: If I have any complaint, it's that they were maybe a little over the top with the neo-Nazi and Klan imagery. OK, the wesenrein are bad people, we get the message!Tongue

Actually, talking about neo-Nazis, they weren't even close to reality. These guys are seriously scary - at least over here in Germany.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - wfmyers1207 - 01-19-2015

I don't see why the Royals would be funding the wesenrein. Don't see why they would care about such things one way or the other.

However, the Wesen Council may be involved, at least indirectly. After all it's the Council's job to uphold ancient wesen traditions and laws. As with the Beati Paoli, the Council may not actively support what the wesenrein do, but may look the other way if it doesn't cause any outside attention to be focused on the wesen community.

I don't know if the show runners realize it, but they may have given the wesenrein some legitimacy back in season 2 when Monroe and Rosalee told Nick that "intermarriage" among wesen can sometimes produce dangerous offspring. JK and the others may regret having mentioned that now.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - busyizzy - 01-19-2015

(01-17-2015, 04:28 PM)Lou Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 03:03 PM)busyizzy Wrote: The Wesenrein costumes and ritualistic actions were spot on; this is exactly what the Nazis and KKK look like when they are carrying out their nasty business. For some reason, the uglier the end result, the more ritualistic people--in this case Wesen--become. It's almost as though the intent is to pretty up horrible business to make it more palatable. Nasty nasty...no matter what.

Didn't we learn during season one that back during the Spanish Civil War there was a "purge" on un-pure Wesson led by the Royals? I think I remember Nick watching home movies on it.

I think it's a toss up as to whom the Wesenrein may benefit. The Wesenrein could be the dirty secret tool for more than one group. There's an argument to be made for:

1. Royals as there is often a "pure" blood or lineage mentality for making beneficial marriages. Besides the Spanish Civil War there were also references to the Spanish Inquisition, which of course was supported by the Catholic Church, which in turn were hand-in-hand with most of Europe's royal families until the Tudor split from the Church.
2. Wesen Council as there have definitely been a few mentions of inter-Wesen offspring being different or dangerous. I think it's rare, but it would certainly make sense that the Council could look the other way if the Wesenrein were to take care of any problem offspring. In this instance, there aren't any children so I don't think this is pertinent to Monrosalee's story....yet.
3. Verrat could potentially let the Wesenrein take care of those Wesen who are causing them trouble under the guise of prejudice. The Verrat have hunted Sean, Nick, and Monroe before so this could be beneficial to them.
4. D-All of the above and even the Resistance because if there are more intermarriages where attention is drawn to the couple, potentially more humans could become aware of Wesen, Royal interference in world events, Grimms, etc. Most of the players in Grimmland would not think this was good because when large groups of humans learn about Wesen, bad things happen (think the Salem witch trials and Transylvanian mobs of old).

While I think the Wesenrein his horrid, I could see any bad element using Wesenrein results for their own personal gains. And, let's face it, there are always some bad elements in every group.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Lou - 01-19-2015

I've only read one of the Grimm comic books, I can't remember which one. But I think I remember the Wesenrian being in it. Some Wessons get married ( i don't think it was Monroe and Rosalie) and they get attacked and Nick and Hank have to save them. Anyone remember this?

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Elkhound - 01-19-2015

(01-17-2015, 03:59 PM)Lou Wrote: I love it. Rosalie's friends and customers converge with rolling pins, brooms, mops, crow bars and hammers.

Not to mention fangs, claws, . . . . .

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - syscrash - 01-19-2015

Isn't it amazing when Nick goes up against what he thinks is going to be a tough opponent he gets a Grimm weapon. When has the show shown a 45 slug to the brain will not work.

It just seems funny to watch him fighting with a 45 strapped to his side.
So many times I find my self yelling at the screen shoot him.