Grimm Forum
S4E09 - Wesenrein - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E09 - Wesenrein (/Thread-S4E09-Wesenrein)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

S4E09 - Wesenrein - GrimmForum - 01-16-2015

Season 4 Episode 9
Wesenrein

[Image: yoiXsPal.jpg]

Air Date: January 16, 2015

Synopsis: The Wesenrein act on their many threats against Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee's (Bree Turner) marriage. Meanwhile, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) bring Wu (Reggie Lee) to a place where he's sure to find the answers he's looking for. Elsewhere, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) tries to come to grips with her new reality. Sasha Roiz and Claire Coffee guest star.

Grimm returns tonight with the episode Wesenrein. Let the discussions begin!

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Lou - 01-16-2015

Oh, my gosh!

First, I gotta admit that when Juliette ripped out Rosalee's windpipe, they totally had me going there. Jaw dropping disbelief. and although i realized a half second before it was revealed that it was a nightmare, for two seconds I was thinking, "Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh, no".

A little disappointed with Hank and Nicks ability to do police work. They had Shaw's name and address and probably all kinds of other info. Would it been too hard to get his phone records. Then see who he has been calling. Ok lets just say that Shaw had a secret "burner" phone that Nick and Hank didn't know about.

Meanwhile, it would be cool if "the girls" can out-detective the detectives and rescue Monroe first. (Wait! Wasn't that a Scooby-Do episode?) Oh and then there is the Captain's "friend" who is out there looking too. Writers could line up some kind of convergence.

The time went by so quickly. I was actually surprised when the episode ended and it was revealed that we had a "to be continued" episode.

Bonus points to writers for ratcheting up the suspense and keeping it there.

My theory, that Juliette is just hallucinating that she is a hexienbiest lost some water when all the glass broke. But no one else has seen all the broken glass - so i'm still hoping that maybe she is just hallucinating. Well, no matter what, there is something wrong with her that needs to be fixed. Perhaps we will see Renard's mom again soon.

Adalind's story line is going so slow.... last week: Ok we have to go to Portland. This week: Ok we are going to Portland.

Did you guys notice that Nick did his Zombie thing again when threatening Shaw. Hand and the Capt didn't. Why do you think the writer's threw that in? It didn't serve any purpose. Maybe they just didn't want us to think they forgot about it.

And, finally Wu gets to go to the trailer. [/code][/b]

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - eastofnowhere - 01-16-2015

I think Wu's reaction to the Wesen is fairly normal, how many are there and why aren't we out there killing them. The look he gave to Renard's friend is like "are you one too?" If only he saw the guy woge moments ago lol.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - NorCalZombie - 01-16-2015

That nightmare literally made me move to the edge of my seat. First thing going through my mind was why was Juliette so much more aggressive and quickly it turned to no, no, no. I'm so glad it was just a nightmare.

Nick and Hank's detective skills truly seem lacking in this episode, but I'm going to chalk that up to the stress and urgency of the situation. Wu seems to be taking everything in good stride, and because of that I have a horrible suspicion something bad is going to befall the group from either his actions or lack thereof.

Adalind, I'm just about over her arc. It's achingly slow. Pretty much have to force myself to remember what's going on with her.

With all the converging groups coming about, I believe the season finale or the couple episodes leading to it is just going to be an all out war and blood bath.

Zombie Nick, I have a theory about it courtesy of tonight's episode. It seems it's kinda like the Hulk. It's a protective state he goes into when extremely angry and/or in trouble. More than likely I'm wrong, but it kinda fits lol

EDIT: I almost forgot about Monroe. I kept expecting him to see someone under one of those masks that he would recognized. I think that would add more of the devastation factor to him and his story.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - blutbotjaw999 - 01-16-2015

Please dont kill off monroe i like him alot.

I think more things need to happen with juliet and the hexan beast curse i think she is getting the powers.

So glad wu knows now makes me happy that he does not think he is going crazy.

I think nicks zombie thing is awesome it is when he gets mad his heart rate cant really go up but it pushes his body and mind to a further state makes him stronger and consatrate better on things.

Just have to say i love this show its my favorite.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Grimmster123 - 01-17-2015

This could very well be the best episode of the series so far!

1. Bree Turner's acting skills were on full display in this episode. Never before have we seen her put on such a powerful performance and she absolutely killed it.

2. I felt like this was the first time in ages that Nick, Hank, and now Wu had to actually use their detective skills as a team to find the culprits. Sure they went to the trailer as usual but just to show Wu what he wanted to see.

3. Who is Renard's mystery friend? Seems to me like a member of the Wesen Council but it could also just be a hired hit man of some sort.

4. As previously stated it would have been nice to see Adalind and Viktor in Portland this week. Imagine how much tenser things would be if while all the Monroe searching is going on, Adalind and Viktor were looking for information on the whereabouts of the baby.

5. Although this episode was nerve-racking and incredible suspenseful I must admit that there was one part in particular that made me burst out laughing and that was Shaw trying to make a break for it after being confronted by Nick and Hank. Like seriously? You seriously think that you can outrun two cops? Give me a break!

6. Lastly was I the only one who was a little confused why the "Grand Master" (as they referred to him) had his little brother keep watch of the prisoners. That kid was a teenager, I'm surprised Monroe didn't kill him the minute he had the chance. I mean I guess the kid is family but I'm surprised he would stick someone with a little more muscle their but I digress.

Anyway this was a spectacular episode and I expect next week's episode to be just as good if not better.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - UndercoverGrimm - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 07:21 AM)Grimmster123 Wrote: This could very well be the best episode of the series so far!

1. Bree Turner's acting skills were on full display in this episode. Never before have we seen her put on such a powerful performance and she absolutely killed it.

2. I felt like this was the first time in ages that Nick, Hank, and now Wu had to actually use their detective skills as a team to find the culprits. Sure they went to the trailer as usual but just to show Wu what he wanted to see.

3. Who is Renard's mystery friend? Seems to me like a member of the Wesen Council but it could also just be a hired hit man of some sort.

4. As previously stated it would have been nice to see Adalind and Viktor in Portland this week. Imagine how much tenser things would be if while all the Monroe searching is going on, Adalind and Viktor were looking for information on the whereabouts of the baby.

5. Although this episode was nerve-racking and incredible suspenseful I must admit that there was one part in particular that made me burst out laughing and that was Shaw trying to make a break for it after being confronted by Nick and Hank. Like seriously? You seriously think that you can outrun two cops? Give me a break!

6. Lastly was I the only one who was a little confused why the "Grand Master" (as they referred to him) had his little brother keep watch of the prisoners. That kid was a teenager, I'm surprised Monroe didn't kill him the minute he had the chance. I mean I guess the kid is family but I'm surprised he would stick someone with a little more muscle their but I digress.

Anyway this was a spectacular episode and I expect next week's episode to be just as good if not better.

I felt the same way about Shaw. Seriously they already know you're up to something. Bree Turner did the best acting in last nights episode. I am waiting for Juilette to tell Rosalee. She would understand and keep it a secret if needed. Finally they tell Wu! The more help the better.

Next weeks episode looks good. Really enjoying season four.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Gaultheria - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 07:21 AM)Grimmster123 Wrote: 5. Although this episode was nerve-racking and incredible suspenseful I must admit that there was one part in particular that made me burst out laughing and that was Shaw trying to make a break for it after being confronted by Nick and Hank. Like seriously? You seriously think that you can outrun two cops? Give me a break!

Shaw liked to watch TV shows about cheetahs. I'd say he had an idealized self-image.

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-17-2015

Really good episode, time went so fast!
I don't believe they are going to kill Monroe, this would be nothing but suicide for the show, so I'm pretty sure he will be free by next Friday. Hold on, boy!

Juliette is a Hexenbiest and still able to take Rosalee's problem more serious then her own, she doesn't even tell Nick to keep his mind on the search. Brave girl.

Wu swallowed the truth too fast imo. He didn't even got really angry. I expected Nick would have to earn his trust again very slowly.

This episode was full of new persons and names, so I'll update my "what-we-know list":

Secundum Naturae Ordinem Wesen - Wesenrein, "Wesenpure"

Shaw Steinkellner, worked at "T&Ms autoshop", dead - Klaustreich
Harold Johnson, works at "Donavon tools" - Schakal
Roger Briggs, unemployed - Coyotl
Matthew Howard, cook at a diner - Lowen
Walter Dempsey, works at "T&Ms autoshop", - Hässlich

Charlie Riken, "Grandmaster" - Blutbad
Jonah Riken, Grandmaster’s little brother - Blutbad
Walker Williams, inmate, involuntary cooperator - Mausherz(?)
Jesse Acker, police officer - ???
Subordinate of Captain Renard - Skalenzahne (?)
I don't call him a friend, he takes orders from the "Prince of Portland" like others.

When Charlie asked Jonah where his mask was, he used the word "Gleichheit", that's German for "equality".

RE: S4E09 - Wesenrein - wfmyers1207 - 01-17-2015

This was a great episode. They covered a lot of storyline but the writer's handled it wonderfully. Lots of action and fast paced but everything just clicked.Smile

Like a lot of folks, that nightmare scene had me going for a minute. For just a second you thought she had actually ripped Rosalee's throat out.Huh Good scene!

If I have any complaint, it's that they were maybe a little over the top with the neo-Nazi and Klan imagery. OK, the wesenrein are bad people, we get the message!Tongue