Grimm Forum
FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Comics & Books (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Comics-Books)
+--- Thread: FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 (/Thread-FREE-1812-Grimm-Fairy-Tales-2-days-only-Oct-31-Nov-1)

FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 - olgrimm99 - 10-31-2014

The Original 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales -
A New Translation of the 1812 First Edition Kinder- und Hausmärchen Volume I

Free eBook on Amazon.com

2 days only - Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2014

Click the link above.

Tell your friends

Halloween Special

Read & Enjoy!
If you like the book, please leave a review!
The eBook works on a PC or MAC also. Kindle not required. Get the free Kindle Reading App at Amazon.com

Thanks,
Oliver Loo

www.theoriginalgrimm.com
Web site for the book

RE: FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 - Lou - 10-31-2014

I think i already have a copy somewhere.... but now I have one on my Kindle. Thanks! Good call!

RE: FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 - Gretel Hanselsister - 10-31-2014

Thank you, this is awesome!
@GrimminFlorida1 this is the perfect chance to get the original for your project, isn't it?
I've been reading all afternoon, funny thing I never read the 1812 original in German Big Grin.

RE: FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 - olgrimm99 - 10-31-2014

(10-31-2014, 11:30 AM)Lou Wrote: I think i already have a copy somewhere.... but now I have one on my Kindle. Thanks! Good call!

Hey, you sure??? The 1812 book has never been translated until now. I was the first to publish in back in August of this year. Maybe you have a later version 1857 or so?

Anyway, Happy Reading!

In celebration of the holiday, read KHM #43 The Wonderly Guesting Manor and #69 Jorinde and Joringel.

#43 is to me the scariest of the 1812 stories.
#69 has the best description of a witch as we all imagine one.

(10-31-2014, 12:26 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: Thank you, this is awesome!
@GrimminFlorida1 this is the perfect chance to get the original for your project, isn't it?
I've been reading all afternoon, funny thing I never read the 1812 original in German Big Grin.

You're Welcome!

Keep it going. Keep DOWLOADING.....

My book is 1,483 in the FREE KINDLE Store and wait for it........

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Literature Guides
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory

Thanks to everyone!!!!
I'm overwhelmed!

HAPPY READING!!!

RE: FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 - olgrimm99 - 10-31-2014

In all fairness, I should also mention that Professor Jack Zipes, a retired Professor of German at the University of Minnesota, has also just published his version of the same book(s). It has been 200 years of not having any English translations of the 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales (KHM) available and now we have two at once! Professor Zipes book is very different from mine. For those interested, the link is below.

Zipes Link for those who are interested.

If anyone happens to buy Professor Zipes book, I'd be interested to hear how you liked out two translations.

RE: FREE 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales - 2 days only Oct 31 - Nov 1 - Lou - 10-31-2014

[/quote]
Hey, you sure??? The 1812 book has never been translated until now. I was the first to publish in back in August of this year. Maybe you have a later version 1857 or so?
[/quote]

My version was published in 2011 and modified to an e-book in 2013.
Its just called "Grimm's Fairy Tales". Not sure what translation its based on. It doesn't have much info - not even a cover page. It has a moon on the cover with the bottom half in purple. But it does say in the description its based on the 1812 version.

The version i downloaded today is chock full of info. It ought to be interesting.

[/quote]

My version was published in 2011 and modified to an e-book in 2013.
Its just called "Grimm's Fairy Tales". Not sure what translation its based on. It doesn't have much info - not even a cover page. It has a moon on the cover with the bottom half in purple. But it does say in the description its based on the 1812 version.

The version i downloaded today is chock full of info. It ought to be interesting.[/quote]

Ok. That is a common thing. Many times the books are published and neither the translator nor the version of the text is mentioned. If I was to guess, what you have might be the 1857 text.

The 1812 reference - Amazon sells an eBook that they say are the 1812 stories, but they are not. The "English Grimm world" is full of mistakes, etc. Gotta be really careful.

What I can tell you about the book you got today is that from page 1 to page 493 it is a cover to cover translation of the original 1812 Grimm text. Every word in the 1812 book has been translated in the new text*

*I have to be careful here - the signature marks were not translated again (they were already there and listed elsewhere) and a very few number of words were added or removed for clarity of reading. Can we say 99.95% same? Apologies if it is getting too detailed. Just don't want to add to the misleading Grimm (Fairy Tale, not GRIMM TV Show) info that is already out there.

My book - thanks! I spent much of this year researching, translating and writing it. I put almost everything I know about the 1812 stories into the new book. And I am only 1/2 done. I still have to research, translate and write the 1815 book. By the way, the 200 + Grimm Fairy tales started out as #1-86 published in 1812 and #1 -70 published in 1815. By they time they got to 1856, they added another 44+ stories. So the stories started out in 2 volumes.

Please let me know if you like the new book. Feed back is appreciated!