Grimm Forum
Ratings - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 4 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Ratings (/Thread-Ratings)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ratings - Hyndara - 10-27-2014

Something the most fans should keep in mind right now. Yes, Grimm IS CLOSE to syndication but unless there's a secret deal a fifth season is something you can only dream about. NBC had shown several times that they are pretty good with the axe if a show doesn't deliver the numbers they are looking for.

Saying that here's the truth: 4.01 was the weakest premiere in Grimm's history. The two million viewers the show lost during season 3 didn't come back, and personally I think there will be another huge drop next Friday.

Grimm delivered a 1.5 with a total in viewers of 5.30 million (18-49)
Just as a little reminder, H5-O which actually WAS put on the same timeslot by CBS to die there, pulled over 8 million viewers ... so, something IS wrong in Grimm's fairytale-country.

TVbyNumbers

RE: Ratings - Hyndara - 11-01-2014

Just a quick flyby because I'm with friends this weekend and barely online.

Time for the earlies!
Looks like Davy Jones isn't that much for interest for Grimmsters - or, as the term is now
"Not Real Grimmsters"

4.55 million watched last night. That's a 1.1.

I don't think I will comment these numbers - nor I have to.

SpoilerTV

RE: Ratings - Altered Realtity - 11-02-2014

@Hyndara those numbers don't look good, but I think it'd be good to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. This Friday was Halloween and I suspect there were a lot of people who were out for various party/trick or treating festivities. Especially so as Halloween was on a Friday this year. That I was home to watch was an anomaly, and I'm not a big party person (but I love Halloween Big Grin).

RE: Ratings - Hyndara - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 08:31 AM)Altered Realtity Wrote: @Hyndara those numbers don't look good, but I think it'd be good to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. This Friday was Halloween and I suspect there were a lot of people who were out for various party/trick or treating festivities. Especially so as Halloween was on a Friday this year. That I was home to watch was an anomaly, and I'm not a big party person (but I love Halloween Big Grin).

I don't think you guys will see the 5 million mark soon again, MAYBE (if the show will make it that long and NBC doesn't pull it off quickly) for the season finale. Halloween might have a little influence that the numbers are this deep in the cellar but from what I read and hear from other "Not Real Grimmsters" there's a lot of people rapidely losing their interest in the show, and the production is too far ahead to be able to fix what's wrong and pushes those "not real Fans" out.

I was out and I just came home. Unless I wasn't at a party, I'm a pagan, and I was invited to a ritual on All Hallows Eve. But I'm not going to do the same mistake I did last week, and as I've said, I know a lot of people not willing to watch anymore - and those people HAVE an effect on the numbers because they live in US (funny thing, the most in or around Portland).

RE: Ratings - Altered Realtity - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 10:19 AM)Hyndara Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 08:31 AM)Altered Realtity Wrote: @Hyndara those numbers don't look good, but I think it'd be good to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. This Friday was Halloween and I suspect there were a lot of people who were out for various party/trick or treating festivities. Especially so as Halloween was on a Friday this year. That I was home to watch was an anomaly, and I'm not a big party person (but I love Halloween Big Grin).

I don't think you guys will see the 5 million mark soon again, MAYBE (if the show will make it that long and NBC doesn't pull it off quickly) for the season finale. Halloween might have a little influence that the numbers are this deep in the cellar but from what I read and hear from other "Not Real Grimmsters" there's a lot of people rapidely losing their interest in the show, and the production is too far ahead to be able to fix what's wrong and pushes those "not real Fans" out.

I was out and I just came home. Unless I wasn't at a party, I'm a pagan, and I was invited to a ritual on All Hallows Eve. But I'm not going to do the same mistake I did last week, and as I've said, I know a lot of people not willing to watch anymore - and those people HAVE an effect on the numbers because they live in US (funny thing, the most in or around Portland).

I can see your point, but I still think I'll take a wait and see attitude. I do think you are underestimating the impact of Halloween. In the US and my country it's a multibillion dollar event. Average household spending in my country is $400! And that's not all being spent on candy. My fb feed this weekend has been full of pictures of costumed people, not children either.

I read an interesting article this week that noted that none of the new fall shows have been cancelled yet, in spite of some (very) poor reception. The given reason was that the networks don't have anything to replace them with, so that might give our show some time to pull up it's socks (so to speak). And we can hope it does Big Grin

RE: Ratings - Hyndara - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 10:40 AM)Altered Realtity Wrote: I can see your point, but I still think I'll take a wait and see attitude. I do think you are underestimating the impact of Halloween. In the US and my country it's a multibillion dollar event. Average household spending in my country is $400! And that's not all being spent on candy. My fb feed this weekend has been full of pictures of costumed people, not children either.

I read an interesting article this week that noted that none of the new fall shows have been cancelled yet, in spite of some (very) poor reception. The given reason was that the networks don't have anything to replace them with, so that might give our show some time to pull up it's socks (so to speak). And we can hope it does Big Grin

I don't underestimate, I know how huge Halloween is in the US, but Grimm is on a downfall since 3.17 and already lost more than 3 million viewers within season 3.

Well, right now I hope the show gets cancelled pretty quick so there's at least a bit of the original core still visible. But I doubt it will. NBC has pulled a lot of new shows before airing, so there's not much replacement right now. On the other hand Hannibal would be an option 2015 (for example). They could move Constantine into Grimm's schedule and put Hannibal on it's former schedule again. I'm pretty sure Fannibals would appreciate a better lead in and would embrace Constantine more than Grimmsters do.

For Grimm I don't see any future anymore. Not as long as the writers are producing this nonsense and cling to characters/actors the most fans are hating (and no, I'm not only talking Trubel here).

Sorry if this was harshe but I think it's best known now what I think.

RE: Ratings - Grimmster123 - 11-03-2014

@Hyndara @Altered Realtity

I agree with both of you to some regard on the various points that you made. I do think that the fact that Friday was Halloween played a part in this to some degree but I don't think it would have enough of an effect to cause Grimm to decrease to a 1.1 this week. I have seen a lot of fans on various sites criticizing the direction in which the show is going and I think that may also be to blame for this recent drop in viewers. I do expect Grimm to bounce back next week but I don't know if it will hit the numbers that it did last year.

That being said I don't think that NBC would take Grimm off the schedule if its ratings began to decline in fact, I think that they would actually renew it for a fifth and final season. Most of Season 4 has already been filmed and the writers already know what lies ahead and I assume that they know how this season is going to end. NBC would be stupid to force them to rewrite the final couple episodes and come up with a series finale. More than likely what ever they came up with would be half-a$$ed and forced and would have probably be really bad. Plus they probably plan on ending this season with another cliffhanger so if NBC were to cancel it, fans would go absolutely ballistic.

To the point you said about taking Grimm off of the schedule and placing Hannibal in it's spot to pair it with Constantine, NBC would cancel Constantine way before they would cancel Grimm.

-Constantine's ratings the first two weeks were: 1.4 (4.3 million viewers) and 0.9 (3.12 million viewers)
-Grimm's ratings the first two weeks were: 1.5 (5.3 million viewers) and 1.1 (4.55 million viewers)

Grimm's Season 4 Premiere was the night's #1 scripted series on the Big 4 in adults 18-49, not to mention that it's been on for four seasons as opposed to Constantine which has only aired two episodes. If they cancel Constantine which based on the current ratings they should, it would be highly unlikely that they would cancel Grimm because that would completely decimate their entire Friday line-up leaving a programming gap between 9-11. Lastly, NBC wouldn't really have anything to replace it with so I think it's safe to say that Grimm is safe for right now.

RE: Ratings - Hyndara - 11-03-2014

Sorry to correct you but Grimm WASN'T Number 1 with 4.01. It was actually on the third place scripted shows on Friday nights. Number 1 was Blue Bloods with a record high. Not sure (and too tired and lazy) to look after what was the on the second place but it wasn't Grimm.

4.02 was beaten by Blue Bloods and a rerun ... Gotham? Not sure right now. Even H5O got better numbers and didn't loose so much audience (so much for the Halloween-excuse). No show, scripted or not, crashed like Grimm (and unfortunately Constantine) did last Friday.

Well, I could tell you check out my LJ. I'm collecting the ratings for Grimm since season 2, so I know what I am talking about - and I know how it could end if the show continues bleeding viewers. What I said, season 2 started with 7 million, season 3 with 8.7 million. And as far as I know, sorry, I wasn't around when the show premiered, the Pilot pulled something between 6 and 7 million. During the first two seasons the audience was VERY stable. Season 3 got a warning call after the writers decided to kill Eric and the JF-fans didn't turn in for 3.03. After that the numbers were stable with pulling 5 1/2 million every week until this ... *attention! Irony* ... cliffhanger in 3.12. After the Olympics Grimm started to loose viewers, first a little each week. 3.14 pulled a little more (I think because it was heavily advertised as Wu centred and having an Aswang), 3.16 was, after 3.01, the most successful episode during the season. 3.17 crashed completely and Grimm never regained those viewers they lost after 3.16 (what I call the Kelly-impact). The next huge drop came with 3.20, 3.21 dropped down a little more. Season finale climbed a little above the 5 million-mark again (do the maths yourself, 4.01 gained 15 % from the season finale).

BTW, funny coincedence (for me as former Stargatler):
Grimm's audience changed during season 3 from younger and/or families with kids to male in between 35-49. Why coincedence? Because that was exactly the audience the last incarnation of the SG-franchise pulled in front of their screens. And when I look into the fandom now I see a lot happen right now (including writers messing with the fanbase and insulting the creative part of this fanbase) what happened back then and got Universe killed after 2 seasons. Only difference: the writers back then were worn out while the writers now (except the five being there since Day 1) simply doesn't have the experience (and obviously not the imagination).

RE: Ratings - Hyndara - 11-08-2014

Not very surprisingly 4.03 didn't make it above the 5 million mark *good!*, unfortunately the episode gained some viewers back *screw you, cheaters!*:

1.3 4.94 million (18-49)

SpoilerTV

RE: Ratings - Hyndara - 11-15-2014

Wow, my prediction was wrong and right at once!

Here we go, surprisingly Grimm pulled exactly 5 million viewers in front of their TVs last night, not very surprisingly this only was a 1.2 in the ratings (0.1 less than last week, 0.3 less than the premiere).

I do take that personally and will thank the audience on this way. GrimmWriters, NEVER EVER mess with a Golem again. This guys are way too complicated for you!

TVLine