Grimm Forum
upcoming MCU movies - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Movies (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Movies)
+--- Thread: upcoming MCU movies (/Thread-upcoming-MCU-movies)

Pages: 1 2

upcoming MCU movies - grimmfreak - 08-12-2014

here is a list of upcoming MCU (Marvel) offerings to discuss. (What do you want I'm a giant geekSmile )
Also, what Marvel properties would you like to see made into movies?

May 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
While I have my doubts that Marvel can continue to improve on their recent offerings I do think this is going to be a good one. It will be giant at the box office and in toy stores...
Frim what I've heard...
Spoiler :
After the events of IM3 and CA:WS the world is left with a semi-retired Iron Man and a dismantled SHEILD. To fill the void Tony Stark builds an AI robot to help keep the peace... What can go wrong with that you ask... Well, just about everything...alkso, we will see the introduction of 3 new heroes 'Quicksilver' (although he was in X-Men Days of Future Past by Fox, this will be a new Marvel Studios verzsion)'The Scarlet Which' and "the Vision

July 2015: Ant Man
Well, lets just say that while I was excited about this in the beginning I am less so now. After Edgar Wright left the project things are looking bad but who knows, I may be surprised. However, this may be the first dud put out by marvel since The Incredible Hulk.

May 2016: Captain America 3
I'm hoping to see cap hook up with Falcon again and one or two more heroes from the MCU as he is best when leading a team...

July 2016: Doctor Strange
Very exited to see Doc Strange get a movie

July 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
After seeing the first edition of GotG I think this is going to be great.

Oh, I will be posting a list of Fox and Sony's upcoming offerings in this thread later but for now lunch is almost over...

RE: upcoming MCU movies - Starfury - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 12:43 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: May 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
While I have my doubts that Marvel can continue to improve on their recent offerings I do think this is going to be a good one. It will be giant at the box office and in toy stores...

July 2015: Ant Man
Well, lets just say that while I was excited about this in the beginning I am less so now. After Edgar Wright left the project things are looking bad but who knows, I may be surprised. However, this may be the first dud put out by marvel since The Incredible Hulk.

May 2016: Captain America 3
I'm hoping to see cap hook up with Falcon again and one or two more heroes from the MCU as he is best when leading a team...

July 2016: Doctor Strange
Very exited to see Doc Strange get a movie

July 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
After seeing the first edition of GotG I think this is going to be great.

Oh, I will be posting a list of Fox and Sony's upcoming offerings in this thread later but for now lunch is almost over...

Of course the big geek that I am will be there day one first showing (i really can' t help myself Tongue) of all of the Marvel offerings, the Fox and Sony stuff I seem to be generally able to take or leave.

But of the ones you were kind enough to list here (thank you btw), Captain America 3 a must, must see and agreed Captain is a soldier and needs a team and it would appear his go to guys :p so to speak are Falcon who with a few brush strokes and a strong acting performance, you would happily always have at your back and Black Widow, who appears to really care for the Captain a bit of a brother and sister relationship developing, she is forever trying to hook him up on a date after all Big Grin, or should I be reading that interest another way Undecided.

We then have Dr Strange, though this is more of a mystical offering so, I wait with baited breathe on how they will portray this one. But Marvel has shown it can pull off a Tree and Raccoon and make it work big time so I will give them enough rope to hang themselves with.

And finally GotG2, Raccoon rocket launcher, another exceptional sound track, I can taste the pop corn and diet coke alreadyTongue. Cheesy, quippy, cliché ridden action adventure here we come Big Grin.

RE: upcoming MCU movies - grimmfreak - 08-14-2014

upcoming non marvel studios offerings are...
June 2015: Fantastic Four
This reboot may flop. The interesting thing is how it's success or failure may effect the inter-studio war between Disney/Marvel and Fox. It's rumored that Disney was angry because Fox refused to sell them back the rights to some marvel characters... On top of that Fox used the character Quicksilver in their latest x-men movie, a character they did not own the rights to and that Marvel is bringing to the big screen in Age of Ultron.
All this has prompted Marvel to cancel further promotion of the Fantastic Four in comics, cartoons and toys. To me the whole thing seems childish and I wish that the studios could realize that it's in everyone's best interest to make money and work out some way to work this out without hurting the fans of the FF. Personally I the FF are one of my least favorite superhero teams.

May 2016: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
If Fox does this right I will be in heaven as the title Villain is my favorite coming book villain.

March 2017: The Wolverine 2
Hopefully as good as the first.

2018: Amazing Spiderman 3
Hopefully more well received than the second (although I enjoys ASM2).

RE: upcoming MCU movies - grimmfreak - 09-01-2014

So... http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/black-panther/238743/stan-lee-says-marvel-developing-movies-for-black-panther-and-black-widow
Stan Lee is saying a Black Panther movie is in the works and that Black Widow will eventually get her own movie.

RE: upcoming MCU movies - Starfury - 09-01-2014

I still want that Dr Strange movie, I have hope since he was mentioned Captain America 2, so he is striding around the MCU,

RE: upcoming MCU movies - grimmfreak - 09-01-2014

Yeah... Not sure how "official" the Doc Strange movie is yet but it's listed just about everywhere for the release date I mentioned above... It looks as if Marvel is may wait for comic con next year to officially set out any more of the phase 3 slate

RE: upcoming MCU movies - Starfury - 09-02-2014

(09-01-2014, 05:03 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Yeah... Not sure how "official" the Doc Strange movie is yet but it's listed just about everywhere for the release date I mentioned above... It looks as if Marvel is may wait for comic con next year to officially set out any more of the phase 3 slate

We can but hope, I've even seen that they are looking at Joaquim Phoenix for Dr Strange which would be interesting casting, I'm not sure how I feel if this is true, but I won't go complete unreasonable fanboy and will withhold judgement until I see his performance. Smile

RE: upcoming MCU movies - grimmfreak - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 07:10 AM)Starfury Wrote:
(09-01-2014, 05:03 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Yeah... Not sure how "official" the Doc Strange movie is yet but it's listed just about everywhere for the release date I mentioned above... It looks as if Marvel is may wait for comic con next year to officially set out any more of the phase 3 slate

We can but hope, I've even seen that they are looking at Joaquim Phoenix for Dr Strange which would be interesting casting, I'm not sure how I feel if this is true, but I won't go complete unreasonable fanboy and will withhold judgement until I see his performance. Smile

Yeah I heard about Joaquim... Whoever they find to play Doc Strange, I too will hope for the best

RE: upcoming MCU movies - pale boy - 09-05-2014

(09-01-2014, 04:09 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Stan Lee is saying a Black Panther movie is in the works and that Black Widow will eventually get her own movie.

Yesssss. These need to happen. Just please, for the love of all things geeky, I hope they don't try to cast Will Smith in that first one. There are other actors who can fit the role and after the last few sci-fi duds Smith has been in, I don't really want to see him in another similar role all too soon.

And a Black Widow movie needs to have happened approximately yesterday. Because Black Widow.

RE: upcoming MCU movies - the-epic-prince - 09-06-2014

Black panther? Finally! I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't think black widow is big enough to carry her own movie.