Grimm Forum
The Power of a Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Power of a Grimm (/Thread-The-Power-of-a-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2

The Power of a Grimm - Tyke2k - 04-22-2013

Hey guys devoted Grimm Fan here! I've followed the show from season 1 and I generally don't question the logic of these kinds of shows but sometimes they leave me a bit dumbfounded.

My Interpretation of Nick Burkhart's abilities is that fighting somehow comes very naturally to him. Part of his instincts. Do you agree with me?
However a couple of episodes back, can't recall which one exactly. He gets temporary blinded by a Wesen and in turn develops a very acute sense of hearing.

And at the end of the episode when his sight is returned back to him it seems he keeps the improved hearing. Thinking of the scene where he bashes fruits in the woods with a baseball bat.

Here I am thinking wow this will be an interesting development in further episodes. But ever since that ep I haven't seen a single scene where his hearing plays a part in fighting wesen.

Do you think they figured out he would be too "grimmed" up Wink and just hope we forget it or ?

I'm just a bit confused that's all... and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the matter Big Grin Big Grin

RE: The Power of a Grimm - GrimmForum - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 11:52 AM)Tyke2k Wrote: Hey guys devoted Grimm Fan here! I've followed the show from season 1 and I generally don't question the logic of these kinds of shows but sometimes they leave me a bit dumbfounded.

My Interpretation of Nick Burkhart's abilities is that fighting somehow comes very naturally to him. Part of his instincts. Do you agree with me?
However a couple of episodes back, can't recall which one exactly. He gets temporary blinded by a Wesen and in turn develops a very acute sense of hearing.

And at the end of the episode when his sight is returned back to him it seems he keeps the improved hearing. Thinking of the scene where he bashes fruits in the woods with a baseball bat.

Here I am thinking wow this will be an interesting development in further episodes. But ever since that ep I haven't seen a single scene where his hearing plays a part in fighting wesen.

Do you think they figured out he would be too "grimmed" up Wink and just hope we forget it or ?

I'm just a bit confused that's all... and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the matter Big Grin Big Grin

Hey Tyke2k, thanks for registering and welcome to the forum!

I too have been a little confused about Nick's powers. When he became a Grimm, my understanding was that he gained the ability to see the true faces of Wesens when they have heightened emotions. I also assumed his strength came to him from his training as a cop and his lineage as a Grimm.

When Nick developed superhearing at the end of that bug episode, I thought he was going to start using his powers. But instead, we haven't seen anything yet. It makes me wonder if they're airing episodes out of order. Or maybe his superhearing abilities were just temporary?

RE: The Power of a Grimm - Tyke2k - 04-22-2013

Yeah thanks!

Yeah the power to see Wesen that's a given ofc, I forgot to mention that Tongue . It might be that the hearing came from the parasites in his eyes however they were a bit unclear on that to be honest. A tad bit infuriating though considering the fact that I found it to be an interesting plot development. We'll just have to wait and see Smile

RE: The Power of a Grimm - GrimmForum - 04-22-2013

That's true, it could have been the parasites, but didn't all the parasites die when Nick's vision was restored? But I hope they bring the superhearing powers back. I was excited about the potential plot development too, and was looking forward on seeing Nick use his super-abilities.

RE: The Power of a Grimm - pale boy - 04-26-2013

Hope they elaborate on this soon. I know that Nick has more strength than a lot of humans (that can be seen just from the Wesen he ends up fighting), and his Aunt Marie was quite the fighter despite her medical condition. Maybe its something that gets stronger with age?

As for his super hearing, I like to think it was the sightlessness that led to the activation of that power, although it's weird he hasn't used it since. Maybe it was only there when he didn't have sight.

RE: The Power of a Grimm - bookofknowledge - 04-27-2013

yeah it could have faded or he's playing it down

RE: The Power of a Grimm - Martyr - 04-29-2013

(04-27-2013, 04:39 PM)bookofknowledge Wrote: yeah it could have faded or he's playing it down
Or the writers forgot about it.

RE: The Power of a Grimm - GrimminFlorida1 - 05-01-2013

I think Nick has more strength than an average human being. Being a cop also helps. He's quick on his feet and rarely gets hurt; It will be interesting to see how his powers develop over time. I think will see more of that during season 3.

RE: The Power of a Grimm - FräuleinWunderlich - 05-02-2013

He has definitly more strenght as a normal human. The writters maybe conserve this to the season final. I hope to see who Nicks skills are increasingly in the next season.

RE: The Power of a Grimm - Charles Mosteller - 05-23-2013

It may be that his combat skills also improve, with each individual Wesen or Wesen type that he fights. Experience, itself, always tends to enhance one's utilization of one's abilities. But, each Wesen type that he fights may confer a bonus, of sorts.