Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 01:54 AM)degrimm Wrote: yeah she's physically strong and aggressive but one thing we should know is that immediately after moving the statue to hurt/kill adalind, that was when she went to monroe and rosalee, nick and hank in the spice shop to tell them that she was losing herself and having no control over her actions- that was when they knew about the hexenbiest; would she(in her human form) hurt adalind- yes if she could- but will she go as far as killing her and hurting the baby-don't think so cos it's not the nature of her character but the hexenbiest looks like it has no conscience. those examples you gave are really really bad people who are not vulnerable and also was about defending but with adalind, adalind was vulnerable and this was about vengeance .
juliette character is a strong empathetic woman- that's why she was able to be there for rosalee at her multiple times of need.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Juliette was put into situations where aggression was not an unusual course of action.

In the case of the dropping the gargoyle statue, Juliette's aggression was completely unwarranted. Adalind wasn't antagonizing her. Quite the opposite, she wasn't even near her. That is the hexenbiest at work.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Nicholas White - 05-03-2016

Adalind actions are Adalind actions.

Juilette actions are Juilette actions.

Stop blaming the hexenbiest as though it is possessing them. It is easier to blame the hexenbiest as though it made you do it rather then accept responsibilities for your actions.

(05-03-2016, 01:55 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: Adalind actions are Adalind actions.

Stop blaming the hexenbiest as though it is possessing them. It is easier to blame the hexenbiest as though it made you do it rather then accept responsibilities for your actions.

I don't think it's possession, but more of a symbiosis.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - degrimm - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 02:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 01:55 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: Adalind actions are Adalind actions.

I don't think it's possession, but more of a symbiosis.

@Nicholas White, that would only apply if they had shown tendencies to act the way they do. you don't believe in the supernatural i guess or haven't seen one not in control of itself. but u re right in only few cases but this is possession or symbiosis(like irukandji said)

@irukandji, i like the word symbiosis but could you explain how it fits bcos i personally would have gone for possession too.

(05-03-2016, 02:14 PM)degrimm Wrote: @irukandji, i like the word symbiosis but could you explain how it fits bcos i personally would have gone for possession too.

This occurred to me after watching, of all things, Game of Thrones. The new season just started last week. I don't know if you're familiar with it, degrimm, but there is a character in the series called the Red Woman. She is a witch. In last week's episode, they showed her making the transformation from a sad young beautiful woman to an old hag. This week she's back to the beautiful woman, although she is still sad. The Red Woman didn't think she had it in her, but managed to bring Jon Snow back to life in the most recent episode.

I think the hexenbiest is responsible for making women like Henrietta, Elizabeth, and Cathering so stylish and attractive. I think the Red Woman has her own version of the hexenbiest as well and that is why she is so beautiful.

There were also comments on the forum about just who could perform the various magic spells. It was brought up that hexenbiests might have the superior ability to perform magic spells. Adalind did not perform any spells while human. Could she have changed into Juliette if she was a human and another hexenbiest opened the spell book for her? I tend to doubt it.

Adalind was the one who said the hexenbiest changes the way she thought and felt. In the end, she was still Adalind. She didn't lose her identity or the ability to work as a lawyer, even to work for Renard. I think with Juliette it could be the same way. As humans, they wouldn't or couldn't do the things they can as hexenbiests.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 02:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind did not perform any spells while human.

Adalind created whatever she put on her cat's claws to put Juliette into a coma and erase Nick from memory without her hexenbiest powers. Of course, they never showed her doing it, so it's possible that anyone who had that recipe could have done it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Belle - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 02:34 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 02:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind did not perform any spells while human.

Adalind created whatever she put on her cat's claws to put Juliette into a coma and erase Nick from memory without her hexenbiest powers. Of course, they never showed her doing it, so it's possible that anyone who had that recipe could have done it.

That storyline always reminded me of the song Cat Scratch Fever, which it turns out is an actual thing.
I imagine the vast majority of spells and rituals on Grimm have some real and/or historical analog.
The thing I wish Grimm was better about was creating and then following rules for all the wesen related properties. Occasionally the things the show's creators portray lack internal logic, while other times they seem to contradict earlier episodes which ends up being frustrating or confusing when it doesn't have to be.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Nicholas White - 05-03-2016

Juliette did what she did because she was mad point blank. She tried to attack Adalind prior to being a hexenbiest and Adalind was holding Diana, so it isn't a stretch for Juliette's character to try and kill Adalind especially now she has the means to do show, regardless if Adalind was pregnant. When she lost her memories of Nick she showed aggressive tendencies towards him.

Juliette slept with Kenneth to get back at Nick because she was mad at Nick. She was mad at Nick prior to even becoming a hexenbiest. It had nothing to do with her being possessed or out of control but rather she was pissed at the moment and made some pretty horrible and stupid decisions. She blamed Nick, Adalind, Monroa, Rosalee, Wessen in General for all the crap she went through and took her frustration out on them.

Juliette knew exactly what she was doing the whole time. She wasn't having any blackouts like Wu. Juliette needs to take responsibility for her actions and own up to it.

The exact same could be said about Adalind. It isn't about feeling sorry, regretting or apologizing for what you did but rather owning up to what you did. Don't make it seem like you didn't have a choice because you did. They made a choice and now they have to and need to live with the consequences of those choices they made.

I hate when people try to brush off what Juliette did as though she was the victim when she wasn't.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Scully1987 - 05-03-2016

I can't believe I'll say that but: At first Juliette was actually the victim. Adalind as well as Juliette/Eve have done nonsense. (The one more the other less) and if I have the chance now - I would choose Juliette/Eve as my favorite. A few months ago I saw it with Juliette/Eve as well as Adalind a bit differently. But now no longer. I am still angry.

Now is Juliette/Eve the wicked person. And it seems like everything would forget what Adalind was doing. Whether Adalind wanted to or not - That's remains unanswered.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - tscchope - 05-04-2016

There was one action Adalind took that no-one made her do and that was the potion to make Juliette forget Nick. That's the only time Juliette was a victim. Adalind said to Nick "I wish I could take it all back". To which Nick replied "'except Kelly". Adalind has received forgiveness fromteam Grimm, but what she did is not forgotten as exemplified by their not telling her about the stick.