Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - syscrash - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:51 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:30 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Someone posted was the death an illusion created by Diana? I think that may be a good question. When she was a baby she could do it looks like only a short time but at her age now could she keep that illusion going for the time and distance? So did she help Kelly? We know the actress doing the part went to Limitless but we could get the email to Nick once and awhile. Just a interesting idea. Didn't you wonder how she collected the wood for Meisner to think was her when she was cold?

Well, here's the thing that I see. The first illusion/magic was one of need. The baby was cold. She clued wood was fuel for the fire, which would keep her warm. So she got the wood. There's comfort there. In a way, it's really no different than a baby crying because it's cold and needs a diaper change. Also comfort there.

But this situation with Kelly. I don't know. If Diana created this as a method of saving Kelly, it's pretty sinister. Sinister really wasn't the word I wanted to use here, it was the only one I could think of.
The need was instinctual. It is how she solved the problem that is far beyond her age. Then there is the deception she created so her and Adalind could get away from Nicks house. How do you communicate to a baby, they need to create a copy of them selves.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 01:01 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:30 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Someone posted was the death an illusion created by Diana? I think that may be a good question. When she was a baby she could do it looks like only a short time but at her age now could she keep that illusion going for the time and distance? So did she help Kelly? We know the actress doing the part went to Limitless but we could get the email to Nick once and awhile. Just a interesting idea. Didn't you wonder how she collected the wood for Meisner to think was her when she was cold?

Well, here's the thing that I see. The first illusion/magic was one of need. The baby was cold. She clued wood was fuel for the fire, which would keep her warm. So she got the wood. There's comfort there. In a way, it's really no different than a baby crying because it's cold and needs a diaper change. Also comfort there.

But this situation with Kelly. I don't know. If Diana created this as a method of saving Kelly, it's pretty sinister. Sinister really wasn't the word I wanted to use here, it was the only one I could think of.
The need was instinctual. It is how she solved the problem that is far beyond her age. Then there is the deception she created so her and Adalind could get away from Nicks house. How do you communicate to a baby, they need to create a copy of them selves.

What it comes down to is I don't think what we're seeing is some kind of an illusion. What I can see though is that maybe Diana wanted Adalind, (she asked where her mother was), and getting Kelly out of the way might have been her way of getting back to her mother.

RE: Diana - aboutnici - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 02:24 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 01:01 PM)syscrash Wrote:

What it comes down to is I don't think what we're seeing is some kind of an illusion. What I can see though is that maybe Diana wanted Adalind, (she asked where her mother was), and getting Kelly out of the way might have been her way of getting back to her mother.

I think that's what happened, Diana wanted Adalind, but I also think that Kelly has taught Diana how to use her powers properly, but in the end, Diana wanted her mother after Kelly was killed and she going to be with her mother and meets her baby brother, before the end of the season.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 04:16 PM)aboutnici Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 02:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: What it comes down to is I don't think what we're seeing is some kind of an illusion. What I can see though is that maybe Diana wanted Adalind, (she asked where her mother was), and getting Kelly out of the way might have been her way of getting back to her mother.

I think that's what happened, Diana wanted Adalind, but I also think that Kelly has taught Diana how to use her powers properly, but in the end, Diana wanted her mother after Kelly was killed and she going to be with her mother and meets her baby brother, before the end of the season.

It always bothered me that Diana was placed with Kelly. For one thing, Kelly's no mother like figure. She placed Nick with Marie when he was still a child. I would love to know the story behind that and how Nick reacted. For another, could she really cope with a baby who grows from an infant to a kindergarten/first grade child in a matter of months? She has no guide to effectively deal with that child, especially if Diana's powers grew at that rate.

RE: Diana - aboutnici - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 04:31 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 04:16 PM)aboutnici Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 02:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: What it comes down to is I don't think what we're seeing is some kind of an illusion. What I can see though is that maybe Diana wanted Adalind, (she asked where her mother was), and getting Kelly out of the way might have been her way of getting back to her mother.

It always bothered me that Diana was placed with Kelly. For one thing, Kelly's no mother like figure. She placed Nick with Marie when he was still a child. I would love to know the story behind that and how Nick reacted. For another, could she really cope with a baby who grows from an infant to a kindergarten/first grade child in a matter of months? She has no guide to effectively deal with that child, especially if Diana's powers grew at that rate.
They should not have separate Adalind and Diana in the first place, because Kelly didn't know what to do with a powerful child like Diana. I just don't want the people who are raising her right now to use her as a weapon, like they did with Juliette/Eve. If anyone who can control Diana is her mother, because Diana is going to need her and Nick to help her to learn the difference between right and wrong!

RE: Diana - syscrash - 12-17-2015

You posters that keep envisioning Adalind taking care of Diana. You do realize Diana is not a child and never has been. She may be in a small body that is growing at an exceptional rate. But Diana has never been a child. In the womb we saw an adult making adult decisions to protect Adalind thus protecting herself. Assuming a baby could communicate. Could any baby have enough awareness to even realize you need wood to create a fire to keep worm. Ok how about a one year old. At two maybe, or at least understand the concept. But at two could they even formulate a plan to get the needed steps completed to have a fire. Diana as a baby not only realized we are cold, and need wood to create a fire to keep warm. The wood needs to be brought in from outside. Because she can't talk she used the psychology of knowing if Meisner thought the wood was her laying in the woods he would bring it in. Ok that level of thought is around a smart five or six year old.

I have a theory the contract was to let Diana be a host for some powerful hexenbiest. That once grown will lead them to no longer be persecuted by the Royals. Of course if this is the plan would it not have been simpler use the Ripper method to bring back someone back.

What we have seen is Diana's reasoning is not aging, only her physical body is aging. The level of reasoning to get the fire built is the same level of reasoning needed to stack the blocks. First she had to vision the structure, then figure out how to balance and space the blocks to match her vision. Given a blue print a lot of adults could not have stacked those blocks. You saw what the king built.

Imagine Adalind in charge of someone that does not know her, can out think her, and has way more power then her. Sure no way that could go wrong. When Adalind keeps missing Diana she has no idea that Diana is at least 5 years old by now. I am expecting and even more exaggerated growth the next time we see her.

We could also go into fantasy land and bring back Diana as a rambunctious five year old, with an ancient hexenbiest spirit inside her.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-18-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: You posters that keep envisioning Adalind taking care of Diana. You do realize Diana is not a child and never has been. She may be in a small body that is growing at an exceptional rate. But Diana has never been a child. In the womb we saw an adult making adult decisions to protect Adalind thus protecting herself. Assuming a baby could communicate. Could any baby have enough awareness to even realize you need wood to create a fire to keep worm. Ok how about a one year old. At two maybe, or at least understand the concept. But at two could they even formulate a plan to get the needed steps completed to have a fire. Diana as a baby not only realized we are cold, and need wood to create a fire to keep warm. The wood needs to be brought in from outside. Because she can't talk she used the psychology of knowing if Meisner thought the wood was her laying in the woods he would bring it in. Ok that level of thought is around a smart five or six year old.

I have a theory the contract was to let Diana be a host for some powerful hexenbiest. That once grown will lead them to no longer be persecuted by the Royals. Of course if this is the plan would it not have been simpler use the Ripper method to bring back someone back.

What we have seen is Diana's reasoning is not aging, only her physical body is aging. The level of reasoning to get the fire built is the same level of reasoning needed to stack the blocks. First she had to vision the structure, then figure out how to balance and space the blocks to match her vision. Given a blue print a lot of adults could not have stacked those blocks. You saw what the king built.

Imagine Adalind in charge of someone that does not know her, can out think her, and has way more power then her. Sure no way that could go wrong. When Adalind keeps missing Diana she has no idea that Diana is at least 5 years old by now. I am expecting and even more exaggerated growth the next time we see her.

We could also go into fantasy land and bring back Diana as a rambunctious five year old, with an ancient hexenbiest spirit inside her.

But what would be the point of giving Diana an ancient hexenbiest if it's going to age her too quickly?

RE: Diana - Elkhound - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 07:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: But what would be the point of giving Diana an ancient hexenbiest if it's going to age her too quickly?

Perhaps the accelerated aging will only continue until she reaches physical adulthood?

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-18-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: You posters that keep envisioning Adalind taking care of Diana. You do realize Diana is not a child and never has been. She may be in a small body that is growing at an exceptional rate. But Diana has never been a child. In the womb we saw an adult making adult decisions to protect Adalind thus protecting herself. Assuming a baby could communicate. Could any baby have enough awareness to even realize you need wood to create a fire to keep worm. Ok how about a one year old. At two maybe, or at least understand the concept. But at two could they even formulate a plan to get the needed steps completed to have a fire. Diana as a baby not only realized we are cold, and need wood to create a fire to keep warm. The wood needs to be brought in from outside. Because she can't talk she used the psychology of knowing if Meisner thought the wood was her laying in the woods he would bring it in. Ok that level of thought is around a smart five or six year old.

Wouldn't we have to take in account what Kelly taught her? Like you said she reasons thing at adult level. For now I'm belive she would be because of Kelly a good person and will know Nick and Adalind. I also don't see a fight with Eve, I even bet my 2 cents on this.Big Grin

RE: Diana - aboutnici - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 09:07 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Wouldn't we have to take in account what Kelly taught her? Like you said she reasons thing at adult level. For now I'm belive she would be because of Kelly a good person and will know Nick and Adalind. I also don't see a fight with Eve, I even bet my 2 cents on this.Big Grin
Finally, I'm agree with you just said here, I believe that Diana will become a good person, because of how Kelly raised her and she will know who Nick and Adalind is because of Kelly!